After the dough has chilled, 1-2 hours, you can use a melon baller to scoop out tablespoon sized amounts. Carefully roll the dough into balls and dip in melted white chocolate. Top with a little more egg nog, or festive sprinkles, and allow to set. I found it best to put the truffles back in the fridge to set before wrapping up to ensure they wouldn't melt.
- 1/3 cup of egg nog
- 2 12 ounce bag of white chocolate, one at a time
- 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan, heat the egg nog until it boils a bit.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 bag of white chocolate, salt, butter and nutmeg in a heatproof bowl.
- Once the egg nog is ready, carefully pour over the chocolate mixture. Allow everything to melt together until smooth.
- Place plastic wrap against the chocolate mix and allow to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- When the dough is almost ready, melt the second bag of chocolate for dipping the truffles.
- Once the dough is set, scoop the truffles into bite size truffles. Carefully dip the truffles into the chocolate until covered. Place the completed truffles onto wax paper to set.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg or sprinkles for added festiveness.