So we're shifting said gears and looking at some healthy recipes. Yes, there will likely be protein shakes, I can't help myself. I need my chocolate fix and if it comes in a healthy liquid form, I'll take it. But let's start slow, let's start with healthy snacks.
We're tossing the chickpeas with a smidgen of Parmesan cheese, some rosemary, garlic, and pepper. That's all! Spread out on a pan and roasted until crispy, these suckers are then good to go. Quick and easy side dish!
- Butternut Squash Curry
- Carrot Soup and Roasted Eggplant with Tahini Sauce (pardon the early blogger photos)
- Slow-Cooked Salmon
adapted from The Skinny Fork
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place in a medium bowl.
- Mince the clove of garlic into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and spice mixture to the bowl with the chickpeas. Carefully toss to caot the chickpeas.
- Roll the chickpeas onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, rotating the peas half-way through. Cook until crisp.
- Allow to cool slightly before eating. These make a great side or salad topper!