Adapted from Food52
- 2 cups matzoh, crumbled
- 3/4 cups chopped or sliced almonds
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped nuts and crumbled matzoh.
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, olive oil, spices and brown sugar over medium heat. Stir and heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Carefully pour the honey mixture over the nuts and matzoh. Stir until the ingredients are coated.
- Add the dates and fold together.
- Pour everything onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading the ingredients out so they are not clustered.
- Bake for 20 minute increments until the granola is toasted through and through. The matzoh will turn a toasted brown when it's close to done.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving over yogurt or eating plain.