The crockpot makes this super easy because I can just set it up and while it cooks, I can make another meal--or watch a lot of Netflix. This recipe came from a simple search for crockpot recipes on Pinterest. So many things on Pinterest.
The vegetables are combined in a crockpot with three cups of broth, can of beans (drained and rinsed), crushed tomatoes and quinoa. Stir everything together and add your spices. More chili powder for some heat.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 can of kidney (or black) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Avocado (for topping)
- Once the vegetables are chopped and ready, combine with the beans, crushed tomatoes, quinoa and broth in the crockpot.
- Stir in the spices.
- Set the crockpot to high and cook for 4 hours or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve hot and top with avocado or cheese.