I've done mini meal prep but now that I'm settled in my permanent flat, I'm anxious to get back to cooking real food. There's been a lot of indulging the past couple of weeks with all the new places to explore and time to fill. I need a reset.
This salad was inspired by one offered by a local burger chain here in London, Byron. In general, portions are smaller than in America which is okay by me. I split this salad, a burger and a milkshake with a friend when we caught up over dinner. We wanted to get the full experience and make our burger judgments with all the accouterments but half the guilt. So it balanced out.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, diced (or pre-chopped)
- 1 cup rice or quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Spinach or kale leaves
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- Cook the chicken to your liking. I cooked it in coconut oil with a soy sauce marinade but you could also bake in the oven. Chop into bite sized pieces if using whole chicken breasts.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions. Strain if needed...
- In a large bowl, combine the rice (allow to cool slightly first), leafy greens, tomatoes, edamame beans, chicken and avocado.
- Mix well to incorporate ingredients in every bit
- This made 4 lunch portions.