Thursday, September 5, 2013

Berry Muffins

It's August. When did that happen? Wasn't it just June like a second ago? Now's the time when we realize we still have a zillion things on our summer bucket lists and seemingly very little time to complete them. Although I hear September stays warm for a little while but my summer scheme refuses to remember this.
Browning the butter, it smells so good! 

One of the great things about summer is all the fresh produce. I managed to utilize rhubarb season (I'm clinging to that season by the last two stalks in the grocery store) but there are also an abundance of peaches, blueberries and strawberries. Mondays are rough. Muffin Mondays are awesome. 
Strawberries and blueberries make a patriotic mix
I didn't think I'd have enough blueberries for these breakfast treats so I chopped up some strawberries too, thinking it would make half the muffins blueberry and half strawberry. Oooor just mixing the two to make berry muffins. I think this resembles and possibly beats Starbucks berry coffee cake. The muffins have a crumbly topping and it was pretty plain sounding so I added some cinnamon to make it more cobblery. I think this would be great with a crisp topping with oats involved. Dizzy daydreams of baking. 
My hands are clean, I swear

I also think this would be delicious with some rhubarb sauce drizzled on top but that would require me to make it with those last stalks of rhubarb. More on that soon, apparently it also requires some rosé--oh darn. 
The final product! Muffin Mondays may become a thing in my life 



No comments:

Post a Comment