Friday, July 11, 2014

Boston Local Food Festival- Michele's Gourmet Popcorn

I'm a huge popcorn fan. Movies must be accompanied by both popcorn and a popcorn buddy so I don't eat loads and loads of buttered popcorn. I completely blame my mother for this trait as I've watched her consume large quantities of Smartfood popcorn for years (not a bad thing!). Sometimes we just have to accept these things about ourselves and move forward with buttery fingers.

My attempt at fancy popcorn
As you might recall, I made some coconut caramel popcorn treats as holiday gifts back in December. I thought it was a pretty delicious and adventurous task having never made homemade popcorn outside of a microwave. When I lived in Pittsburgh, I discovered the Pittsburgh Popcorn Company which makes all kinds of flavors and delicious concoctions. This is not your Boy Scout popcorn tin.

I'm happy to say that I have found a popcorn vendor closer to home to fuel my vice. Michele's Gourmet Popcorn is the primary, and popular, product of Michele's Sweet Shoppe in New Hampshire. Through the Boston Local Food Festival, Michele and I were put in touch to chat about sweets and treats. While she originally set out to make whoopie pies, her white chocolate popcorn was such a hit among her friends that they decided to run a popcorn business. Now with 20+ flavors, including Pupcorn for your furry friend, Michele's business is hoppin'--poppin' (I couldn't resist)!

Michele's Gourmet Popcorn

You can read the full review on the BLFF website (unless you already subscribed in which case you already saw it!). It's definitely given me some ideas for this holiday season and those ideas involve candy canes and chocolate (duh). 

No comments:

Post a Comment