Monday, August 11, 2014

Quick 'n Easy Marinade

If you're allergic to peanuts, I totally understand if you stop reading here. Or if you didn't even click on the post to begin with, I understand. My sister makes this amazing peanut butter shrimp that gets gobbled up in about two seconds at every barbecue I attend. Mostly because I'm gobbling up all the shrimp before anyone else gets any (and all the bacon, that's a story for another time). I finally stole the recipe from her aka remembered to write it down and here we are!


Possibly the simplest recipe on this blog, this requires heating a quarter cup of peanut butter, a quarter cup of soy sauce and a quarter cup of sugar together in a pan. Then we add a little vegetable oil and garlic once everything is mixed together, and you're golden to pour the marinade over the meat.  


Initially I used the marinade as intended, on shrimp. However, I didn't feel like putting all of the shrimp on kabobs and grilling them so I simply cooked the shrimp in a frying pan and served them over rice. For some extra flavor, reserve some marinade to pour over the rice as a sauce. 


I also decided to try this on chicken with rice as well. It would make a great sauce for improvised sesame noodles, it has that Thai peanut sauce flavor to it. For a little more heat, add some red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce. Sriracha sauce on everything!

Just a quick tip for today, these are pretty common ingredients for a kitchen to have so give it a whirl soon!

Recipe
1) In a saucepan over low heat combine 1/4 of each: peanut butter, soy sauce and sugar 

2) Once the ingredients have melted together, add 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil and one clove of garlic (minced). For a spicier marinade, add some red pepper flakes. 

3) Pour mixture over desired meat/seafood/poultry and allow to marinade. Cook as desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment