The second ridiculous thing is the sprinkles. I've accumulated a fair number of festive sprinkles. So many, in fact, that I even know their different official names like crystals, nonpareils, jimmies, they're all in my brain space. And now they're all on their own row of my spice rack. I spent just a little too much time organizing my spice rack/Lazy Susan and removing spices that I would never use (such as Pizza Seasoning) to make room for my sprinkles. Among the Christmas crystals, Halloween nonpareils and birthday nonpareils are Valentine's confetti (no, I didn't put these in order by holiday....).
After blow-drying the chocolate to a nice warm mixture, pretzels are carefully dipped and then dabbled in the bowl of sprinkles. Laid to rest on wax paper, allow the chocolate to cool and set. If you're fancy, you can bag these up in festive treat bags and give out as a pseudo healthy gift. If you're like me, you can just go "one for you, three for me" or eat them all straight away.
- Desired number of pretzels (sticks, wands, traditional, whichever)
- Semi-sweet chocolate morsels or baking chips
- Festive sprinkles
- Using a hair dryer, microwave or double boiler, melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Allow the chocolate to melt completely, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Carefully dip the pretzels into the chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to drip off before dipping in sprinkles.
- Lay the pretzels on a sheet of wax paper.
- Allow to set/dry/cool before bagging, serving or eating.