I've discussed previously my love of sweet potatoes and how I should just eat them plain at Thanksgiving because they taste delicious on their own. I was considering trying to make home fries with my remaining sweet potato but alas, an experiment for another day.
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (or olive or corn)
- Sprinkling of pepper
- Sprinkling of cumin
- Preheat the oven to 350. Set aside your baking dish or Pyrex, whichever you are using.
- Peel and chop the carrots and sweet potato into bite-sized pieces. Place in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients to make the marinade.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables. Toss to coat. I used a mixing bowl with a lid so I could really shake this up but gentle stirring works too.
- Pour the coated vegetables into the baking dish, spreading out so they aren't on top of each other.
- Roast the vegetables for about 20 minutes. If the carrots aren't soft yet, continue to bake.
- Remove from the oven when the veggies are easily pierced with a fork.
- Enjoy warm or serve cold. Great as a snack or as a side!