Investigations were made. Pudding was bought. Twice. But on separate occasions. It took me awhile to find chia at the grocery store because it was in the earthy natural food aisle that is seldom frequented by yours truly. This might change. (Side note, does anyone else think the milk bubbles in this picture are smiling? I see a face).
We can add this to that chocolate smoothie I've been testing or make a pudding or put on salad, the options are pretty endless. For the first round, I kept it simple and made the chia (is that the proper verb, 'made' chia?) with almond milk.
Voila! Health in a bowl. The package even advertises that it's the superfood of the Aztecs! They were wrong about that whole 2012 thing but may have been onto something with chia.
- 3 Tablespoons of chia
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Agave syrup or maple syrup to taste (optional)
- Whisk the ingredients together.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. If you want to eat the pudding the next day, check to see how everything is congealing.
- If the chia has sunk to the bottom and formed a jelly mass at the bottom (very technical term), use a whisk to break it apart and mix more with the milk.
- Serve with fruit or jam and enjoy!