Onion, garlic and peppers are cooked in a skillet until almost soft. Doused in coconut milk and mixed with curry paste (the more the spicier) to finish cooking. Chickpeas and cooked chicken are added to soak up the curry flavors.
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped in food processor
- 8-10oz chicken, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350. Bake the chicken until almost cooked through.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add the onion and garlic to the oil and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped pepper to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add the drained chickpeas and coconut milk to the skillet. Mix in the curry paste until the coconut milk turns an orange color.
- Simmer over medium heat and add the chicken. Allow everything to simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, process the cauliflower in a food processor until course.
- Toast the cauliflower in a large skillet with olive oil until fragrant. Some of the cauliflower will toast and turn brown but it's not necessary to get all of it to brown.
- Serve the chicken and chickpea curry over the cauliflower rice.