In a frying pan, diced chicken is browned after marinating in balsamic vinegar. While the chicken is browning on one side, slice up some mushrooms. Apparently there are different kinds of mushrooms besides portobello and 'other' but let's not get too fancy by knowing names. I think these are button mushrooms? Or cremini? Basically any mushroom will do.
- 6 small mushrooms sliced (possibly cremini, possibly button, could do portobello but recommend the smaller varieties)
- Diced chicken (however much you'd like, really)
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Coconut oil (or vegetable oil) for browning
- Quinoa or rice as a side
- Pour balsamic vinegar over the chicken. Not too much, the chicken will be cooking in it so 2 Tablespoons should suffice.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken to the pan, reducing heat if the oil splatters too much.
- Brown the chicken on both sides before adding the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms and parsley to the pan, reducing heat to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, you can cook rice or quinoa to pair with the mushroom chicken.
- Once the chicken and mushrooms are cooked, serve with the quinoa/rice or refrigerate for lunch/dinner later.