So I guess that means it's still soup season too. This soup is another great recipe from The Perfect Portions Cookbook. I added some leftover Easter ham to this as well but it's delicious as-is.
From The Perfect Portion Cookbook
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 15oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped spinach or kale
- Saute the carrots, onion and garlic in a saucepan with a little olive oil (about a Tablespoon).
- Once the onions are soft and slightly translucent, add the lentils, tomatoes and broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until the lentils are soft.
- Stir in the chopped spinach or kale.