Saturday, October 20, 2012

Single Lady Pancakes

I love this recipe, compliments of Joy the Baker. First of all, it's a great name and makes me start singing Beyonce's Single Ladies. Secondly, there are multiple single lady recipes in her cookbook but currently I can only think of the pancakes and the chocolate cake. So many yummy one portion items.
It looks so promising!

The first time I made this pancake (yes, it makes one nice sized pancake), it came out wonderfully! It was perfect! Warm, delicious, yummy, and whole. The second time I made it, I forgot to add the flour. In my defense, pancakes are made in the morning so I am usually quite bleary-eyed and missed that ingredient. I did however realize that I had forgotten so I fixed it in time but still. Whoops. And this time, I'm not sure what happened. It expanded a little more than usual so when I tried to flip it...disaster. It reminds me of the fail Pinterest pins (Pinstrosity) where it looks so easy and pretty and then it just falls apart. So I tried to reassemble the fractioned pancake and flip it again. Similar fail but not quite as bad. Once I decided it was no longer gooey in the middle, I came to the conclusion that it was done.
Nailed it.

Despite being a mosaic of pancake pieces, it was still yummy. It doesn't matter what the food looks like, I'm not competing with anyone here, it tastes the same! Like green eggs and ham. Green eggs still taste like eggs, they're just green. You'd never know if you were color blind.

The moral of the story is things fall apart but that doesn't mean they're bad. Okay, I think that analogy only works with food, I was trying to be wise. I'll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment