Thursday, October 23, 2014

Baking Bucket List

This has happened before, it will happen again. I can't help it, I'm a list person. Not only am I a list person, I'm a hand-written note list person. You say sticky notes and mean those things on your computer that allow you to keep a to-do list. I mean a physical piece of paper on my desk that says "to do". And it usually has a date at the top.

Well my fall and winter to-do lists are my favorite. I keep track of the recipes I want to try or themes I want up on the blog or gifts I want to get for people so I can empty my brain space a little bit. Until they invent a pensieve (and make Harry Potter a real thing), notes will do.

 
Here's what coming up on my mental dump of fall things:
  • Monster Cupcakes- Complete with googly eyes which always confuses people because how can they make moving candy eyes. They aren't technically googly, okay? But they look like googly eyes so just go with it. There may also be safari cupcakes. All the decorations! 
  • Creepy Caramel Apples- I think caramel apples are impractical, you can never take a bite with caramelizing your entire face. So we're going miniature. And we're going Halloweeny on them.
  • Halloween Mac and Cheese- Of course I bought Halloween shaped macaroni last year when it was on clearance so I could make spooky mac and cheese this year. Get with it.
  • Applesauce- My grandparents lived in California when I was a kid and they had an apple tree in their backyard so naturally made apple sauce. I don't have an apple tree but there are farms for that so I want to try my hand at a family tradition. 
  • Pecan Pie- This seems like a good addition to Thanksgiving dinner. And an opportunity to make a pie and expand my horizons.
  • Chick Pot Pie- Also an opportunity to expand my pie-eating horizons but for lunch and dinner instead of dessert. Plus it screams fall. And eat me. 
  • Chili Hot Chocolate- I visited a chocolate factory or two this year and one specialized in traditional South American chocolate (we're talking Mayan and Aztecs). Inspired by the history, they created a spicy chili chocolate. This would make a great warm-up beverage that I'm anxious to perfect!
The end of fall is going to be a whirlwind. I'm thinking mass cooking sessions to survive the week and many many dirty dishes. But there will be tricks and treats along the way so never fear!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment