Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Zucchini Bruschetta

A few weeks ago, I met up with a fellow blogger friend at Audubon near Fenway. It's a little off the beaten path so I'd never been there before but it's quite the hidden gem. The food is amazing and the drinks are unique. One thing we decided to try was their zucchini bruschetta. We both envisioned traditional bruschetta on sliced zucchini instead of bread. It was more like the other way around, with zucchini based bruschetta on bread.

It was still delicious but inspired this recipe. I'm a big fan of tomatoes and mozzarella with basil (I think that's technically called a Caprese Salad...), it always tastes like summer to me. Bruschetta has similar flavors (you could add some cheese if you wanted) so I'm on board.

I didn't roast the zucchini because it gets softer when you cook it instead of more crunchy. All the traditional flavors are here with some garlic, onion and tomatoes. Oh and of course some basil!


Recipe
  • 1 large zucchini
  • 1 medium (or 2 small tomatoes)
  • 1/2 a purple onion
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • Handful of basil
  1. Slice the zucchini and arrange on a plate.
  2. Chop up the tomato, onion and garlic. Add to a food processor.
  3. Add the basil and olive oil to the food processor and process until chunky.
  4. I found the result was a little watery so when you spoon out the tomato mixture, allow extra liquid to stay in the bottom.
  5. Spoon over prepared zucchini and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment