The mustard I used gave a little spiciness to the dressing but the raspberry evened it out so it wasn't actually spicy, just the right amount of zing. I'm inspired to use this mustard on something else like chicken or something where I can taste the flavor more...perhaps another round of deviled eggs are in order.
- 1/4 cup of cashews
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 Tablespoon mustard (spicy or Dijon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine the cashews, onion and water. Blend until nearly smooth.
- Add the vinaigrette, mustard and spices. If you prefer a spicier dressing and are using regular mustard, you can add some paprika or chili powder for kick (or even sriracha).
- Blend everything until smooth. You can see that my cashews didn't turn into oblivion but the dressing was still good.
- Pour over salad of your choice and enjoy!