But realistically, I can't eat these things for breakfast every day for an abundance of reasons. First and foremost, because of time constraints. Secondly, and probably more importantly, I would be a thousand pounds if I ate what I want at all times.
Gradually, I've hidden more and more tasty things in these smoothies. Avocados make this extra creamy and like I'm eating actual ice cream. But the spinach gets hidden (save for a few green flecks) beneath a tiny amount of cocoa powder and chocolate protein powder (optional). I even added some berries in recent weeks.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I usually use almond milk)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 1/2 an avocado (or 1/2 a frozen banana)
- Handful of berries, dried dates or frozen fruit of your choosing for added sweetness
- Chia seeds if you feel so inclined
- Blend everything together.
- Serve and enjoy! Super simple.